Saturday 26 September 2015

A Warm Reply From My Lecturer

Hello and assalamualaikum everyone.

I feel really glad yesterday because I received a reply from someone when I feel like I don't have anyone to ask and consult. I really need someone to guide me to achieve my dream. I ask him about my interest in web development and the courses offer for postgraduate that are related to web development. I also ask him whether I should take master or double degree. His answer was really amazing. He even know who am I. I rarely consult with him in the class. There was a time when I asked him to postpone my presentation because I have to go to a competition. And fortunately we (my team) won a number one in the explorace (burumatic).


Here is the reply from him. I feel so glad to have him as my lecturer and I feel bad because I don't really pay attention in class sometimes. Thank you sir. Your reply really help me. Eventhough I don't think that I would do master by research. Huhu

W/salam Sr.

Congratulations for the confirmation of graduations. So you will be part of the convocation of this November isn't it? Alhamdullillah, may Allah bless the degree and InshaAllah it will impact the world in many ways that we can ever imagine.

In response to your proposal for furthering study in master of computer science is good and feasible for you, because your degree is Mathematical Science and you can be a best computer science Master student. You can take it by research and them your research focus can be in web development. 

on your second question..."either to take master or double degree in computer science to make you a competent programmer?"...

I suggest you take masters by research and your research focus should be in web development that is if you have a very low income web design job.  Getting a job should be a priority for you based on Malaysia's situation. Getting focused to web development despite I know you did not get any related course during your degree on web development is very possible based on the following facts: 

1. At your current academic level, you are not far different with IT or Computer science graduate...

2. In terms of web development mostly, even the IT and CS students learn by themselves during end of semester project...We do not teach them jQuery,and the CSS/jscript that we tech them is not too far, what you miss is PHP or ASP or JSP and Database like MySQL and I know you can pick-up very fast when you start

3. What you started learning even though you may feel is nothing, but from my experience its the best starting point for any programmer

Your next question is "I want to apply a job as a web designer but I don't think that I am qualified enough"

Please go an apply and be very confident...You're one of my best student, I studied you very well and I know you can absorb all the learning process pressure very fast to be very good at web design...You're better than most students I teach in IT and CS and now they are senior programmers within 2 years of starting a job as a junior programmer here in Kuala Lumpur...Please apply for Junior web developer and be very confident and open-up to absorb all the difficult part of web design... 

You have 2 good options, First start Master in Computer Science and get Research Assistance job related to web development.
The best is to start a job as junior programmer in order to gain experience and 1 year after, you can apply for Master in Computer Science or even earlier than then...Double degree is not feasible for your current situation.

Please get the job first, it will never be easy at first, so prepare to absorb all the difficulties involve, if you have any challenge that you think I can help, please let me Know, I think I will be in Malaysia up to next year July or even beyond. 

Happy Eid Adha and remain blessed


- Adamu Abubakar Ibrahim

No comments:

Post a Comment